Monday, September 29, 2008

Episode II: The Dark Side

OK, well I promised to keep you informed of the happenings of Principal Palpatine and Sally Slacker. Well, Sally Slacker's daddy, a lawyer, called the district and started to quote Ed Code...which to me is funny, since the notification of poor grades would have had no effect on this. An hour conversation and collaboration with others involved has revealed the following:
  1. Palpatine planned on changing the grade without my approval.
  2. The parents have been promised things that Palpatine can not produce.
  3. The agreement between Mr. Slacker and myself is not going to happen because Palpatine said the "schedule can not accommodate it" Meaning the schedule is WRONG for the third year in a row - making it the teachers fault.
  4. Palpatine seems to think that I am going to "give in" with her directions.

I am no longer working for the district, so this would be an great time for me to bring to the Emperor the issues above.

I think that the district is trying to make sure that this is not brought to the Emperor; but I am not going to give the student an A; when she earned an F. I am known as a very flexible teacher and to be put in this situation by Palpatine is crazy.

...TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

Ms Characterized said...

DO IT!!!!!!! Go to the emperor -- Palpatine might be vulnerable (involved in a land war in Asia). Make your stink!

Billie's Mummy said...

Principal Palpatine sounds like such a wonderful person to work with! LOL