Monday, May 12, 2008

Change....not always a bad thing.

Many people knew that I had been interviewing for positions with post-secondary institutions and potentially moving back to where I used to live (one of the five in the MEME). Well, today I actually turned in my contract agreement for next year stating I was not returning, handed it to Palpatine, who sat there for nearly five minutes staring at it. After which I was told, that she was mad at me; but knew I had to do what made me happy, and without missing a beat asked me who was going to take over my courses.
You see (in my opinion), in the short amount of time I have been at my school, i have become a very popular teacher and teach a very popular course...so to find someone to replace me is going to happen; I am not sure how many of our student population will take the class once I am gone (I am going to encourage it).

So not 10 minutes after my telling Palpatine, three people approached me...so it spread like wildfire. I am hoping that my students don't find out before I get the chance to tell them.

Where am I going, you ask? I have accepted a position with a university teaching psychology and education classes to future teachers. I will also be potentially taking an ASB position at a local high school (possibly teaching a few classes too). I'm excited...

PS.
For the three people that read this...I will miss all of you; it seems like we just started to get to know each other. However, please know that you are all considered my friends and hope to keep in touch with all of you after I leave.

2 comments:

Q6 said...

This university position is back in your old stomping grounds, I take it? (I can't see you trying to take back your quality of life here in California.) Good for you, my friend, if this is what you want.

I wonder how many more of Palpatine's assets will jump ship before it's all over.

Ms Characterized said...

Q6: Who knows? When good folks leave, sometimes it's an epidemic.

Yes, Dr. Psych, I will miss posting about our fun times together. But I know you'll enjoy being not here. Good luck to you, and keep blogging...or else.